Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Keeping With the Obsession Theme of My Sister-in-Law



So I currently am obsessed with yoga. I go three times a week to the gym and I want more.

I recently (ok not that recently) lost 40 pounds so I can now do yoga without falling on my ass. There is a ton of balance involved. It is a great feeling when all you have is going into each pose. My downward dog is getting better along with my warrior one and two. I want to be able to do crane pose. HA!Crane pose is the picture posted. It is harder than you would think. I will get it one day.

I am having trouble meditating at the end of the class. My mind wanders about what I'm making for dinner. What I should say to whichever kid is in trouble. What is next in my plan for getting back home, etc. So I push away the thoughts only to have them return. It is much easier to have a blank mind when you are actually doing the poses. Then you are concentrating on your body.

I do feel relaxed for the most part afterward. There is a class that I'm going to at the gym the involves some tai chi with the yoga. It's just the warm up but still cool to do the tai chi. Again a lot of balance work with it. One never realizes how out balance one is until you try dancer's pose or eagle pose. I wonder if sense of balance in my body has anything to do with my life being out of balance...?




P.S. Apparently cats like cream of chicken soup.

2 comments:

  1. That's it....I HAVE to get back to doing my stretch video!

    and....about the p.s....do tell more!:o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jaxx who needs to know everything asked to lick the top of the can of soup. So I let him. And Sabine came to see what was up and she wanted some too.

    And next week it's free to go to the gym with me...wanna come with?

    ReplyDelete